Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Little Man

Yesterday was my son's 7th Birthday. We celebrated on Saturday with a party in the park with Friends and Family. We had Pizza and Cake. My son wanted an Oreo cookie cake. So I brainstormed all week about how I wanted to make his cake. We had saw one in the store, but those werent that great looking. Just really plain. So I came up with this cake.

It has 3 layers, Chocolate cake and White Cake. Lined up like an Oreo Cookie. I crushed oreos into the cream cheese icing and layered it on. Then put mini oreos on the top. He loved it. It turned out just like I wanted. Here is a shot of the cake after we cut into it.

We also made an "adult" cake. And I had tried this recipe before, but I had something different in mind for how I wanted to remake the cake. It is a Butter Pecan mix, and I really like it and wanted to add more to it. And this is what I came up with.

It was yummy. We had a great time at the park, And Joshua enjoyed his birthday.. Here is picture with one of his favorite gifts.


Happy 7th Birthday!!

2 comments:

Andrea, the little collector said...

Yummy looking cakes! Thanks for visiting my blog and entering my giveaway! :)

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

The cakes look delish and if you can make these, the brownies will be no problem. I love to bake, just wish I had more time. :)