Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Peach Bread Pudding

Humm.. I can of sliced Peaches sits in the Fridge!! What to do...

I started by looking in my Betty Crocker cookbook, but that seemed way to hard for the moment. So, I went to the internet. And at About.com, I found this great easy recipe!!
Peach Bread Pudding

Ingredients:

4 cups torn French bread
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
3 large eggs
2 to 2 1/2 cups diced canned peaches, juice reserved
1/2 cup peach juice
1 1/4 cup hot water
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Preparation:Preheat oven to 325°. Butter an 11x7-inch baking dish.

Tear bread into a bowl.

In a large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and eggs; blend well. Add diced peaches, peach juice, hot water, melted butter, cinnamon, and vanilla. Stir in, moistening completely. Turn into prepared baking dish. Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.

Cool slightly and serve warm with ice cream, whipped topping, or dessert sauce. Cover and refrigerate leftovers.Serves 8.

Oh man, was it good!! Husband loved it! As you can see, I added rasins. The recipe doesnt call for them, but I knew they would come out great!

No comments: