Thursday, April 9, 2009

Beef & Rice

I love recipe sites.. I can sit all day and go from recipe to recipe.. I was looking for something quick, easy, and something the kids would eat. And to my surprise.. I found something. Although, now the kids are eating more and lots of different foods, I was a little concerned about the ingredients, but Larissa has been asking for white rice for days. So I thought Id look for something that had rice also.

Kraft's Quick-Fix Beef and Rice

1 lb. lean ground beef
2 cups frozen peas
2/3 cup (1/2 of 10-3/4-oz. can) condensed cream of celery soup
1/4 cup milk
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
2-2/3 cups hot cooked instant white rice
1 cup KRAFT Shredded Cheddar & Monterey Jack Cheese

PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Brown meat in large skillet; drain. Stir in peas, soup, milk, garlic and thyme. Bring just to boil.
SPREAD meat mixture onto bottom of 8-inch square baking dish. Top with rice; sprinkle with cheese.
BAKE 10 min. or until cheese is melted.

I ended up doubling the recipe, We have 5 kids and 2 adults in the house, And I had an idea that everyone would eat it. And they did. I had enough left over to take to lunch the next day. So that worked out well.
Here is a close up of the inside. I also added carrots to it, but there isnt that many. But they were really good.

No comments: